Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Time Flies!

Hey everyone! It has been quite awhile since I last blogged! Wow, there is so much to catch up on! Well for starters, we are now living in Slidell, Louisiana. We moved to Louisiana in March of 2012 after many months of prayer and deliberation. We wanted to move South to be closer to my Grandmother and we also felt that this was where God was leading us. It was really hard to leave our church and our friends that we had made in Virginia but we know that this is something that we just have to do. We haven't found a house yet, so we are temporarily staying in our RV until we can get approved and find a house that meets our family's needs. It definitely can be a bit stressful, after all there are five of us and spaces are cramped, but we are confident that in God's time, the right door will be opened. Just to give you an idea of how much God has all ready moved since we have been here, the first day we arrived in Slidell (we visited with my husband's dad in Alabama first) my husband got a great job. Then, after working for a few months, my husbands boss gave us a minivan free and clear. We decided to put the boys temporarily in public school as opposed to homeschooling since we are living in the RV and small spaces make things difficult. So far they like their school and are looking forward to going back in a few weeks when school starts up again. Once we find a house, we will make the decision if we are going to continue public school or homeschool again. The boys seem to really enjoy both, so we'll see what happens. I have been staying very busy with school. I'm majoring in Criminal Justice and should graduate with my bachelors degree in 2014. It seems like so far away but I'm trying to stay focused and take one class at a time. Well, that is pretty much the gist of everything, and I will definitely try to keep my blog much more active in the months to come! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment