Thursday, April 3, 2014

My 24 Day Challenge

If you are anything like most of America you spend the majority of your time hustling from one activity to the next, whether that be keeping up with your kids, your work or school schedule, or even just the busy demands of keeping your house in order. Chances are you spend so much time just getting through your day, you end up making a lot of unhealthy choices or feel like you have no energy.



I have three children who keep me very busy as well as going to school full time, and for me, it seemed that I would just barely making it through my day. I knew my weight was a problem, but dieting seemed so hard and I always felt limited. I tried so many fad diets and just could not stick with anything long term. Eleven months ago, on my daughter's birthday in fact, I was yet again trying another crazy diet and just like the rest of them, I was miserable and knew there had to be something better. I was currently 185 pounds, at risk for diabetes, and constantly tired. I felt that instead of actually living my life, I was slowly watching it go by.



Thankfully, that very day I was introduced to Advocare and their 24 Day Challenge by a local business owner of an indoor bounce house where I had taken my daughter to play. I was a bit skeptical as I had tried so many things before that hadn't worked, what was to say this would be any different. The very first thing that stood out to me was that the owner was not pushy or had a sales pitch all ready to go but rather listened to me and where I was in my life and what my needs were. Instead of giving me a quick presentation and then asking me to place an order, he just explained what had worked for him, sent me home with a sample of Spark, and encouraged me to do my own research on the company as well.



This sat well with me, because I absolutely hate the feeling of being pressured into anything and wanted to take my time and really take a look at the company. Coming home I tried the Spark, which is Advocare's energy drink. I was floored, the taste was amazing and for the first time in a long time, I actually felt perked up! Encouraged, I researched the company and decided to give the challenge a try.

That decision was one of the best decisions I could have ever made for my health. In my first challenge, I lost 17 pounds in 24 days. Fast forward to today, eleven months later and  I am down 50 pounds!! That's right...you read that correctly, 50 pounds! I started at 185 pounds and I am currently 135 pounds. The transformation is incredible in my outward appearance, but aside from that, I am for the first time in my life at a healthy height and weight ratio. On top of that, I have completely eliminated my risk of diabetes which is major, as this disease runs in our family. Looking at myself eleven months ago I was overweight, unhappy, prone to diabetes and exhausted all the time, and now I have energy not to just get through my day, but to live and enjoy each moment!



 As you can see, the picture on the left is my before picture where I weighed in at 185 pounds and climbing. At this point, I was wearing I size 17/18 pants and usually a 2XL top. The picture of me on the right is my after picture in which I weigh 135 pounds. I am in the dressing room at Walmart trying on a size 5 pair of pants and a medium top that FIT!! Never before have I ever been able to fit in a size 5, so naturally I was beyond excited!


I'm so grateful that I was introduced to Advocare because now I have added quality years to my life and can be a much better Mom and set healthy examples to my children. I am so excited to share my success with others because I know that there are so many out there who have been in my shoes and are looking for something that works.

The beauty of the 24 Day Challenge is it is not just for those that want to lose weight! It can be customized for you and your goals! Let's face it, not everyone is the same, so naturally, everyone will have different goals! For some maybe it is a weight issue or weight management, for others you may be searching for a way to increase your energy, improve your general health or vitality, or just up your sports performance.



For a long time, I had given up setting goals because I couldn't face continually failing myself, but now, I have this inner pride of seeing what I really am capable of doing and love finding new ways to challenge and push myself to new levels of success.

Take some time today to start dreaming again, figure out what your goals are, and look into Advocare and the 24 Day Challenge. It may be just what you are looking for! If you have any questions, concerns, or need anymore additional information please don't hesitate to contact me either on my blog, or through my Advocare site!

I look forward to helping you reach your goals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment